If you have not received the UI changes to LinkedIn yet, don’t worry. There is a lot to digest in the new UI that looks more like the mobile app. Some have said that functionality has been limited or removed but from what we can tell, just about everything is there that used to be for premium subscribers.
In our opinion, LinkedIn is still the best professional network and the biggest change that we can see is that the search results has tightened up a bit. This means that you will see less profiles turn up in each search you do but this also seems to mean that you are getting a better target/prospect base. This is great news for what most of you are trying to accomplish with MakeLinx; driving meaningful personal network growth, Lead generation, and maximum company exposure to LinkedIn users. Here is the list of other changes you may see in LinkedIn’s new UI:
- Export your LinkedIn Connections – no longer a screen choice, only available on request
- Tagging your Connections and Relationship Management – no longer available
- Full Profile Details only available if you keep clicking ‘See More’
- URLs for your LinkedIn Activity (Posts, Shares etc) – no longer available
- Finding out your number of Connections is easier
- Advanced Search – no longer appears on the top of your screen
- Advanced search. You now need to do a primary search on the search bar, and then click on the ‘People’ tab to see further search filters.
- Other New Features
- more stylized layout with a greater focus on the newsfeed
- new messaging feature similar to Facebook Messenger with
- chat bot for scheduling meetings with Google Calendar
- more emphasis on Notifications
- improved Search features
- read receipts can be turned on
The new UI has forced us to make some updates to the MakeLinx Extension. The biggest two changes you will see as a user are:
- When starting a new search, collection, or view – instead of seeing a ‘background tab’ open, you will now see an active tab open.
- The ‘Boost’ tab is gone in the extension. We are rebuilding it to work in a more efficient and meaningful way. *For those of you paying for this feature
The last change is the location of the ‘SaveLinx’ button, now located in the top right next to the ‘Search’ button in LinkedIn. It only activates by hitting the ‘New LinkedIn Search’ in the MakeLinx Extension. When you do you will see a screen similar to this:
As always, you can reach us through the chat on our website or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate your patience and value any feedback you have for us. Stay tuned for another blog post about our upcoming update for the new features coming in the next release of MakeLinx.